Thursday, 3 April 2014

Finished Project: Back to School Skirt

Hello Hello!!


Another finished project today - finally got round to taking photos of this tonight! Not great light though so excuse the slight blurriness!

So I bought this fabric back in October / November when I met up with Marie, Kat, Amy and Roisin in Birmingham. I managed to haggle for good price from the guy in the Rag Market and bought 2m of the stuff. I thought it would be the perfect fabric for a skirt / dress to wear to school.


I used the Sewaholic Hollyburn skirt for the pattern and cut a straight size 10. I probably should have shaved off some of the width off the waist though as it's looser than I remember it being when I tested for fit. Never mind though, it's still fine.

The fabric is a relatively stiff cotton which works well with the wider width of the skirt. I hemmed it with horsehair braid as well to add shape to the hem.

This fabric makes me chuckle every time I wear the skirt and the kids in my class loved it, which was great.


As with all Sewaholic patterns the instructions were really clear and so easy to follow. I'll definitely use the pattern again.

I probably should have tried to match the fabric pattern, but I just wanted to sew something and actually get it finished so I didn't bother.

1 comment:

  1. Ahah brilliant! Glad to see this made up. Your students will love it

    ReplyDelete