Saturday, 7 June 2014

Finished Project: Sunflowers

Hello Hello!

Another finished make. This time a basic top (New Look 6483).


I ordered 2x 1m pieces of fabric from Spoonflower a couple of months ago - this one with sunflowers and another with a repeated tulip on it. Since there was only 1m of the fabric there wasn't much I could make and I just about managed to squeeze this top out of it. The facings had to be plain white cotton as there wasn't enough sunflower fabric for that but that makes little difference.


It's a really simple make although (as I should have remembered with the Big 4 pattern companies), the ease in this patterns is ridiculous. I cut out the top based on my measurements, then had to take it in by an entire size. And to be honest I could probably take it in more to make it more fitted but I quite like the slightly looser relaxed nature of it now it's done. I'm probably going to use the tulip fabric for another version of this top and I think I'll make that one more fitted though.

Not much to say really other than if you make this pattern you can probably go down at least 1 pattern size if not 2 given the ease. But all in all a very quick make. I cut out the pattern and fabric, sewed it up then took it in and finished it off all in the space of a couple of hours so very simple!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fab way too use up 1m of fabric. One beautiful blouse, so summery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I need to get the tulip fabric version done at some point too!

      Delete